PHP + PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Dmitri Touretsky
Subject PHP + PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-novice
Good time of the day!

Perhaps this list is not an exact place to ask, but I haven't found an
answer in the PHP-specific lists and boards... So I'll give a try...

It's easy to work with Postgres from PHP scripts. You can access all
you need - tuples, fields, etc. BUT I was unable to find a way to get
a PostgreSQL reply on queries like "BEGIN" or (more important)
"COMMIT".

E.g. when I execute a query like
$tmp = pg_Exec($connection, "SELECT * ...")
I can get a number of returned tuples with pg_numrows($tmp), etc.
But when I execute
$tmp = pg_Exec($connection, "BEGIN")
I was unable to get anything out of $tmp. And I'm pretty sure
that PostgreSQL's reply "BEGIN" should be somwhere there...

There are a number of such queries and it would be useful to be able
to read output in order to know if things are going good or bad... Any
ideas?

Best regards,
 Dmitri ( mailto:dmitri@listsoft.ru )

New SOFT daily:  http://www.listsoft.ru/