Re: suitable text search configuration - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: suitable text search configuration
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Actually, looking at the examples so far, I'm thinking we should just
>> consider the string up to the first _, period.

> Can anyone point to a real world example where country by country would
> make sense?

For the current set of built-in dictionaries it seems pretty clear that
country distinctions are useless.  If we ever did need that distinction
it would only be after adding dictionaries that aren't going to be in
8.3 ... so I'm leaning to keeping the code simple for the moment.