Re: Something flaky in the "relfilenode mapping" infrastructure - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Something flaky in the "relfilenode mapping" infrastructure
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> writes:
> On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 10:50:44PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Alternatively, we could do something like you suggest but adjust the
>> second join so that it suppresses only rows in which mapped_oid is null
>> *and* there's no longer a matching OID in pg_class.  That would provide
>> additional confidence that the null result is a valid indicator of a
>> just-dropped table.

> Can't hurt; I adjusted it along those lines and committed.

Looks good.

> For the record,
> the failure on prairiedog has appeared a third time:
> http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=prairiedog&dt=2014-06-13%2005%3A19%3A35

Yeah, I saw that.  I wonder if we recently changed something that improved
the odds of the timing being just so.  Two failures in two days seems out
of line with the critter's previous history.