Re: [BUGS] BUG #14531: server process (PID 12714) was terminated by signal 11: Segmentation fault - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [BUGS] BUG #14531: server process (PID 12714) was terminated by signal 11: Segmentation fault
Date
List pgsql-bugs
naveenallin@gmail.com writes:
> We are facing frequent crash issue in postgresql due to segmentation fault.
> We have tried various ways to debug the issue such as enabling debug level
> log etc., but we could not get any idea what is the reason behind the crash.

The postmaster should at least have logged what statement a crashed
backend was running (assuming you've not disabled the statistics
subsystem).  Is there any consistency to that?  It might be worth
turning on full statement logging (log_statement=all) so that you
can see everything the crashed sessions did.

The backtrace you show doesn't look much like any known 9.6 bug,
so we'd be very interested if you can put together a reproducible
test case.