Re: Problem with pg_convert from 8.4 -> 9.0 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Problem with pg_convert from 8.4 -> 9.0
Date
List pgsql-general
Karl Denninger <karl@denninger.net> writes:
> $ more tables_using_reg.txt
> Database:  marketticker
>   public.pg_ts_dict.dict_init
>   public.pg_ts_dict.dict_lexize
>   public.pg_ts_parser.prs_start
>   public.pg_ts_parser.prs_nexttoken
>   public.pg_ts_parser.prs_end
>   public.pg_ts_parser.prs_headline
>   public.pg_ts_parser.prs_lextype
> Database:  ticker
>   public.pg_ts_dict.dict_init
>   public.pg_ts_dict.dict_lexize
>   public.pg_ts_parser.prs_start
>   public.pg_ts_parser.prs_nexttoken
>   public.pg_ts_parser.prs_end
>   public.pg_ts_parser.prs_headline
>   public.pg_ts_parser.prs_lextype
> $

Actually you should be able to just drop and forget those tables.
They appear to be carry-forwards from a pre-8.3 installation of
contrib/tsearch2.  If so, they don't do anything useful anymore.
(Read the manual's section about migrating from pre-8.3 tsearch.)

> These two databases use the full-text "Tsearch2" module.....  I can't
> remove these tables either; they're marked "system" and even as a
> superuser removing them is not permitted.

Possibly you tried to remove the similarly-named system catalogs
(in pg_catalog)?

            regards, tom lane