updateRow bug fix (possible) and build questions - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

I have a potential fix to a bug we've found in the jdbc drivers that
occurs when you are updating in place:

            1.  If you open a cursor on a table using update in place
and update two or more rows, values from previous updated entries will
be inserted into the following updates - the only workaround is to
update every possible row value for each row (not something I really
want to suggest).

I think I have found the problem and corrected it in the attached java
class (line 1089).  I'm pretty sure that I've got it fixed, but I've
been trying to build it and run it and am running into problems.  I want
to build the jdbc2 version of the driver, but I'm not sure how to do
this.  It isn't really documented, although I'll be the first to admit I
haven't read everythin - I'm basically looking for a shortcut.  The
jdbc3 version doesn't work with JNI - it crashes for some reason.

Thanks,
            Shawn Green

Attachment