BUG #15805: Problem with lower function for greek sigma (Σ) letter - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From PG Bug reporting form
Subject BUG #15805: Problem with lower function for greek sigma (Σ) letter
Date
Re: BUG #15805: Problem with lower function for greek sigma(Σ) letter  ("Daniel Verite" <daniel@manitou-mail.org>)
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      15805
Logged by:          Sergey kuznetsov
Email address:      iksss.88@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.6.10
Operating system:   linux

I see unexpected behaviour of lower function for greek sigma letter Σ.
According to wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigma) if this letter
is in final word position, it should be ς in lowercase, and not σ. But
PotgreSQL lower function returns σ, for example lower('ΔΗΜΟΤΕΣ ΦΑΙΣΤΟΥ') =
"δημοτεσ φαιστου" instead of "δημοτες φαιστου". So if I try to pass this
lower string from another part of a system (java code, for example) Postgre
will not return this row cause it differs from java-generated one.

Thanks,
Sergey Kuznetsov