Re: postgresql meltdown on PlanetMath.org - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: postgresql meltdown on PlanetMath.org
Date
List pgsql-performance
Logan Bowers <logan@datacurrent.com> writes:
> I've attached a VACUUM VERBOSE and my conf file (which is pretty vanilla,
> I haven't tweaked it since updating).

You definitely need to increase the fsm shared memory parameters.  The
default max_fsm_relations is just plain too small (try 1000) and the
default_max_fsm_pages is really only enough for perhaps a 100Mb
database.  I'd try bumping it to 100,000.  Note you need a postmaster
restart to make these changes take effect.

            regards, tom lane