Re: pg_hba.conf edit - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_hba.conf edit
Date
List pgsql-general
"Brett W. McCoy" <bmccoy@chapelperilous.net> writes:
> On Wed, 17 Jan 2001, Uro Gruber wrote:
>> I want to know how to edit this file. Because is only for reading. Is
>> there any program to edit this. For now i chmod it to 600
>> end edit with my editor.

> That's the way you are supposed to do it!

Check.  Nothing fancy, just whip out your text editor...

> Just make sure you make it
> read-only after you are done.

You don't even have to do that.  The file lives in a directory that
is supposed to be mode 700, ie, no access to anyone but the postgres
user; so it doesn't much matter what the protections are on pg_hba.conf
itself.

            regards, tom lane