Re: Transfer 8.3 to 8.4 - FUNCTION gtsq_in(cstring) does not exist - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Transfer 8.3 to 8.4 - FUNCTION gtsq_in(cstring) does not exist
Date
List pgsql-general
Rebecca Clarke <rebecca@clarke.net.nz> writes:
> I'm transferring a database from 8.3 to 8.4 and I've done a pg_dump of the
> db schema on 8.3. When I pg_restore it to 8.4 I get the following:

> pg_restore: creating FUNCTION gtsq_in(cstring)
> pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 550; 1255 4231868780
> FUNCTION gtsq_in(cstring) postgres
> pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  could not find
> function "gtsq_in" in file "/usr/lib/postgresql/8.4/lib/tsearch2.so"
>     Command was: CREATE FUNCTION gtsq_in(cstring) RETURNS gtsq
>     AS '$libdir/tsearch2', 'gtsq_in'
>     LANGUAGE c STRICT;

Were you *really* on 8.3 before?  Because that function hasn't existed
since 8.2.

You need to follow the procedure for updating pre-8.3 tsearch2
installations, as described in the manual:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/textsearch-migration.html
(I believe BTW that some errors of the sort you show above are expected
while doing this process.  If that's what you're doing, just ignore it.)

Alternatively, if you weren't actually doing anything with the
contrib/tsearch2 functions, you could just uninstall them from the older
database and then repeat the dump.

            regards, tom lane