Re: pg_repack in cluster - Mailing list pgsql-general

From dagamier
Subject Re: pg_repack in cluster
Date
List pgsql-general
Can't afford the downtime of a "vaccuum full" and the autovacuum process is
not cleaning up all the dead space tied up by the database. pg_repack works
great on my test database in reclaiming disk space (in my tests I got back
46% of my disk space back) due to all the deletions that happen in our
tables. I think that some of the issues are the fact that some of these
tables are quite large and won't allow for an autovacuum to clean up as well
as it should. pg_repack allows me to essentially do a "vacuum full" in
online mode (I thought I read it also rebuilds the indexes as well) and this
would greatly increase our overall performance on our systems.

--
Sent from: https://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-general-f1843780.html