Re: ERROR: did not find '}' at end of input node (again) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: ERROR: did not find '}' at end of input node (again)
Date
List pgsql-general
Andrei Ivanov <andrei.ivanov@ines.ro> writes:
> On Thu, 11 Dec 2003, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Andrei Ivanov <andrei.ivanov@ines.ro> writes:
>>> template1=# select usename from pg_user;
>>> ERROR:  did not find '}' at end of input node
>>
>> There's something wrong with the ON SELECT rule for the pg_user view,
>> evidently.  Could we see the output of
>>
>> select * from pg_rewrite where ev_class = 16683;

> The ouput is attached...

Well, that's interesting, because it's no different from what I get.
So it seems the fault is not in your database but in the rule-reading
routines.  Are you sure you have a clean build of PG 7.4?  I'm wondering
about having a slightly out-of-sync version that's expecting slightly
different contents of the rule structures.  We make such changes
regularly, but they're supposed to go along with catversion.h changes
that prevent you from running the wrong server version against a
database ...

            regards, tom lane