Re: vacuum as flags in PGPROC - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: vacuum as flags in PGPROC
Date
List pgsql-patches
> Also, I forgot to mention it on the first email, but this patch adds
> errcontext() lines when an autovacuum/analyze is being aborted.  It
> works fine, but I'm not seeing code anywhere else that does something
> like this.

This is a little bit scary because you might be invoking system catalog
reads after the transaction has already failed.  What would it take to
save the names involved before starting the TRY block?  I'm not worried
about the errcontext() call per se, only about the syscache fetches.

            regards, tom lane