Re: Python verison for build in config.pl (Win32) - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Python verison for build in config.pl (Win32)
Date
List pgsql-novice
Matt <bsg075@gmail.com> writes:
> Attempting to build 8.5 alpha on Windows XP (MSVC 2005) with Python support.
> Path to local interpreter added to config.pl (C:\Python), but message is
> presented:

>   "Could not determine python version from path at build.pl line 38"

> Do the build scripts attempt to determine the Python version from the path
> name? Since my machine has a generic path name, is there a way to specify
> the interpreter version?

Hm, I see this in Mkvcbuild.pm:

        $solution->{options}->{python} =~ /\\Python(\d{2})/i
          || croak "Could not determine python version from path";
        $plpython->AddLibrary($solution->{options}->{python} . "\\Libs\\python$1.lib");

Apparently you need to hack that to deduce the appropriate library
pathname.  What exactly is your python path name, and is it a standard
installation pattern at all?

            regards, tom lane