Re: Problem migrating dump to latest CVS snapshot. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Problem migrating dump to latest CVS snapshot.
Date
List pgsql-general
Gunnar R|nning <gunnar@candleweb.no> writes:
> Seems you hit the nail with your theory :

> sf-ng=# select date_part('seconds', a_accesstime) from access_log where
> a_accesstime > '2000-10-24 15:14:59' limit 1;
>  date_part
>     59.997
> (1 row)

Ah-hah.  And we print that with a "%.2f" sort of format, so it rounds
off to 60.00.  Even in IEEE arithmetic ;-)

I've suggested before that timestamp output should round the timestamp
value to two fractional digits *before* breaking it down into year/
month/etc.  Seems like this is a perfect example of the necessity
for that.  Thomas, what say you?

            regards, tom lane