auto_explain.log_min_duration is limit for nested statement - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From PG Doc comments form
Subject auto_explain.log_min_duration is limit for nested statement
Date
List pgsql-docs

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/auto-explain.html

Hello,

I had problem with setup auto_explain.log_min_duration for COPY command on
table with triggers. I set minimum duration to '2s' but no plan logged
(duration of COPY command was above this limit). I thought that this
extension not working with COPY command. After some testing I investigate
that extension is working becouse duration limit is for nested statement
(query in trigger) not for base statement (COPY) - it will be fine write
somewere in documentation.

Thanks