Re: Readline, Postgresql and Solaris - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Readline, Postgresql and Solaris
Date
List pgsql-novice
"Garcia, Joshua" <Joshua.Garcia@xerox.com> writes:
>> Just as a hint, configure needs to find both the include files and the
>> readline library file.  You may need to specify --with-includes and/or
>> --with-libraries to get the compiler to look in the right place, if
>> you didn't install readline into the "standard" directories /usr/include
>> and /usr/lib.

> Hmm...when I installed readline I only did a ./configure and a 'make
> install.'  I don't know how else to make it install to the standard
> directories

Its default is probably to install in /usr/local/include and
/usr/local/lib.  gcc is usually configured to search those directories
by default, but most vendor cc's aren't.  Try saying
--with-includes=/usr/local/include etc.

            regards, tom lane