Re: parse_oper cache - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: parse_oper cache
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> If we're really doing it, sure.  But putting half of it in
> TopMemoryContext and the other half in CacheMemoryContext is not
> obviously of any value.

There isn't any of that stuff that's *in* TopMemoryContext.  Whether the
hash table contexts are children of TopMemoryContext or
CacheMemoryContext would be important if we were ever going to reset
either, but we aren't.  The main point in my mind is that it be possible
to tell from a memory stats dump how much is being used for what, and we
do have that.