Re: Double linking MemoryContext children - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Double linking MemoryContext children
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Jan Wieck <jan@wi3ck.info> writes:
> On 09/11/2015 09:38 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Seems less invasive to fix SPI to delete in the opposite order?

> That would assume that there are no other code paths that destroy memory
> contexts out of LIFO order.

Given that we've not seen this sort of problem reported in the dozen or
more years the code has been like that, I'm a bit dubious that we need
to worry about that.  It's possible you're right that we need to expend
more space in the MemoryContext lists --- but I'd like to see more than
one example.