Re: Fwd: Postgresql Data corruption - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Fwd: Postgresql Data corruption
Date
List pgsql-general
On 1/14/20 12:44 PM, Tulqin Navruzov wrote:

> Hi team
>
> Could you help us to sort this out please?
>
> We had some hardware problems with Datacenter and could not using
> postgresql from restored snapshots it showing "Structure needs to be
> cleaning " during startup
> , on centos7 did xfs_repair and postgresql started successfully. But
> could not select datas from it . showing below message .
>
> This is when want to login to db with postgres user .
> psql: PANIC:  could not open critical system index 2662
>
> but can logged in with another user and trying to select from some
> tables , showing this message :
>
> ERROR:  catalog is missing 11 attribute(s) for relid 113971
>
> Could you help us to solve this problem? or could you give contact who
> can help with this?

Do you have space to back up the $DATADIR or do you have a recent backup?

Asking because that would be helpful before you try the below.

I would take a look at:
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/sql-reindex.html

In section:

Notes

Things are more difficult if you need to recover from corruption of an
index on a system table. ...

For more information on single-user mode:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/app-postgres.html#APP-POSTGRES-SINGLE-USER

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com