Re: Unresolved error 0xC0000409 on Windows Server - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Unresolved error 0xC0000409 on Windows Server
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> writes:
> So, I can reproduce the lower threshold, but the exception type does not agree
> with the one Matthew observed.

I finally got around to looking at the link you provided about error
0xC0000409, and realized that I'd been completely confusing it with
stack overflow --- but actually, it's a report that something scribbled
past the end of a finite-size local-variable array.  So I now think that
Matthew's stumbled across two completely independent bugs, and we've
fixed only one of them.  The 0xC0000409 error is something else, and
possibly a lot worse since it could conceivably be a security issue.

It still seems likely that the actual location of the bug is either
in PostGIS or in the GIST index code, but without the ability to
reproduce the failure it's awfully hard to find it.  Matthew, could
you try a bit harder to find a self-contained test case that produces
that error?