Re: Some inconsistencies in release-14 - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Some inconsistencies in release-14
Date
List pgsql-docs
Alexander Lakhin <exclusion@gmail.com> writes:
> While translating names in the acknowledgment section, I've found
> inconsistent spelling of several names.

I believe we've standardized on given-name-first in these lists.
(There was some discussion around that when the first such lists
were made, see [1].)  People from Far Eastern cultures often write
family name first in signatures, so it can be hard to tell whether
it ought to be switched or not.

I am not sure which of your changes are correct per this rule.
In the v13 acknowledgements list, I see

    <member>Haiying Tang</member>
    <member>Li Japin</member>
    <member>Shenhao Wang</member>

It could be that that entry for Li is backward, though.

            regards, tom lane

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/54ad0e42-770e-dfe1-123e-bce9361ad452%402ndquadrant.com