Re: problems with configure - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: problems with configure
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Martin A. Marques" <martin@math.unl.edu.ar> writes:
> No. Forgot to tell my latest experience.

> 1) postgres 7.0.2 compiles great on Solaris 7 and Solaris 8.
> 2) postgres cvs (latest download) doesn't compile (same error on both) on
> Solaris 7 nor Solaris 8.

Ah so.  7.0.*'s configure didn't try to determine the exact datatype of
accept()'s arguments, which is why it didn't run into this problem.

> So it isn't a Solaris 7 problem, but a Solaris problem. ;-)

I guess we not only need a hack, but a nastygram or three sent off to
the Solaris people.  void *?  What in heavens name were they thinking?
That essentially means you've got no parameter type checking at all
on calls to accept() --- or any other socket function that takes a
socklen_t.  Pass the wrong-size integer, you're out of luck ... silently.
Sheesh.