Re: FETCH FIRST clause PERCENT option - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ryan Lambert
Subject Re: FETCH FIRST clause PERCENT option
Date
List pgsql-hackers
make installcheck-world:  not tested
Spec compliant:           not tested
Documentation:            not tested

The basic functionality works as I expect.  In the following example I would have guessed it would return 4 rows
insteadof 5.  I don't mind that it uses ceil here, but think that deserves a mention in the documentation.

CREATE TABLE r100 (id INT);
INSERT INTO r100 SELECT generate_series(1, 100);

SELECT * FROM r100 FETCH FIRST 4.01 PERCENT ROWS ONLY;
 id
----
  1
  2
  3
  4
  5
(5 rows)

There's a missing space between the period and following sentence in src\backend\executor\nodeLimit.c
    "previous time we got a different result.In PERCENTAGE option there are"

There's a missing space and the beginning "w" should be capitalized in doc\src\sgml\ref\select.sgml
    with <literal>PERCENT</literal> count specifies the maximum number of rows to return
    in percentage.<literal>ROW</literal>

Another missing space after the period.

    previous time we got a different result.In PERCENTAGE option there are"

Ryan Lambert

The new status of this patch is: Waiting on Author