Re: Converting to identity columns with domains on PK columns - Mailing list pgsql-general

From PegoraroF10
Subject Re: Converting to identity columns with domains on PK columns
Date
List pgsql-general
Well, I think it´ll not as easy as you said. That tables has dependencies.
So, if I try to alter type it gives me ERROR: cannot alter type of a column
used in a trigger definition. I dropped all Triggers of that table and it
gives me ERROR: cannot alter type of a column used by a view or rule.
Then, if I need to drop everything to change that thing I think is better
just have an empty structure and copy entire database data to it.

And why do we used domains, because we were Firebird and on that database a
integer or a domain based on an integer is the same, so we converted to
Postgres using that way.

Thanks

--
Sent from: http://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-general-f1843780.html