Re: misbehaving planer? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: misbehaving planer?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Darcy Buskermolen <darcyb@commandprompt.com> writes:
> I have a setup in which a table has been partitioned into 30 partitions on
> type (1 -30), however no matter what I do i can't make the planner try to use
> constraint exclusion on it.

Do you have constraint_exclusion turned on?  What are the check
constraints on the other children of tbl_ps?  This example doesn't
really show whether the planner is misbehaving or not.

The multiple-partial-index setup on tbl_ps_type_1 looks pretty silly to
me...  it seems unlikely to buy anything except extra planning overhead.