Re: Redhat 7.3 time manipulation bug - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Lee Kindness
Subject Re: Redhat 7.3 time manipulation bug
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Thomas Lockhart writes:> Right. IBM.> > Most likely they have fixed it by now ...> Nope, though I don't know for sure.
Anyonehere have a recent AIX> machine to test?

Well on AIX 4.3.3 the output from  Lamar's earlier test program is:
The system thinks 11/30/1969 is a timestamp of -1

and tm_isdst is left at -1...

I could boot the machine into 5.0 too, but going by the AIX 5L
manpages it still returns -1:
Note: The mktime subroutine cannot convert time values before00:00:00 UTC, January 1, 1970 and after 03:14:07 UTC,
January19,2038.

And getting an Irix 5.3 box up and running would be a chore!

Lee.