Re: pgsql: Allow SQL-language functions to return the output of an - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Allow SQL-language functions to return the output of an
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Greg Stark <greg.stark@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> This isn't the same thing as allowing RETURNING inside subqueries,
> right?

Right.  You could fairly easily get that now by wrapping your RETURNING
query into a SQL function ... but I'm not sure that we want to advertise
that heavily, because the question of just when the subquery gets
executed still isn't resolved with any degree of precision.  It might be
that the current behavior is fine, but I'm not feeling we should swear
to it.