Re: Improve the comparison of NUMERIC data - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Improve the comparison of NUMERIC data
Date
List pgsql-patches
Atsushi Ogawa <atsushi.ogawa@gmail.com> writes:
> 2005/11/9, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
>> Rather than trying to share code, it'd likely be better to make a
>> separate routine that can directly compare two values in the packed
>> (on-disk) representation, and modify the externally-callable entry
>> points to use that.  That way avoids imposing constraints on how
>> different the packed and unpacked representations can be.

> OK. I will make a separate routine.

Also, you might want to wait to see where the discussions on changing
Numeric's representation end up, before you spend time on doing the
coding.  We should be able to resolve that long before 8.2 comes out,
so there's plenty of time.

            regards, tom lane