Return resultset from a function - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Neumann Péter
Subject Return resultset from a function
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Every1,

  I'm fairly new to Postgres and ran into a problem quite soon. Until
  now I used MS Sql2000 and with it I was able to write a simple
  stored procedure that returned a resultset (for example: 'select *
  from table1'). But I don't know the way how to do it in Postgres,
  cause I can't define a function that returns a resultset. I know
  it's a lame question but I need some hints to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance!
Peter Neumann
Hungary