Automatic partitioning, - Mailing list pgsql-general

From dave.
Subject Automatic partitioning,
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I'm working on a database which have big tables and one of the tables is
expected to grow very fast so we need to use partitioning. the problem is
that I can't find a solution to do the partitioning automatically, I mean
what postgres docs describe at (5.9. Partitioning) is not suitable because
we need database create new tables as needed -plus updating rules and etc-.
In this particular table we want to partition by id column. On other side
because of existing jpa code it's not so easy to use procedures for making
it automatic. For another database I already created a procedure in plsql
which create new inherited tables as needed -for partitioning- but in this
database it's not possible to use a similar solution.
Is there any solution to implement partitioning and database create new
inherited tables as needed?

Best.