Re: Offline enabling/disabling of data checksums - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Banck
Subject Re: Offline enabling/disabling of data checksums
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Am Freitag, den 22.03.2019, 09:27 +0900 schrieb Michael Paquier:
> I have added in the docs a warning about a host crash while doing the
> operation, with a recommendation to check the state of the checksums
> on the data folder should it happen, and the previous portion of the
> docs about clusters.  Your suggestion sounds adapted.  I would be
> tempted to add a bigger warning in pg_rewind or pg_basebackup about
> that, but that's a different story for another time.
>
> Does that look fine to you?

Don't we need a big warning that the cluster must not be started during
operation of pg_checksums as well, now that we don't disallow it?

Michael

--
Michael Banck
Projektleiter / Senior Berater

credativ GmbH, HRB Mönchengladbach 12080
USt-ID-Nummer: DE204566209
Trompeterallee 108, 41189 Mönchengladbach

Unser Umgang mit personenbezogenen Daten unterliegt
folgenden Bestimmungen: https://www.credativ.de/datenschutz