BUG #15506: Foreign data wrapper (postgres_fdw) unexpected behavior - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From PG Bug reporting form
Subject BUG #15506: Foreign data wrapper (postgres_fdw) unexpected behavior
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      15506
Logged by:          Timur Luchkin
Email address:      timur.luchkin@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 10.5
Operating system:   Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS

I'm trying to use "use_remote_estimate = false" mode of the postgres_fdw.
I have a very huge remote tables (several TBytes) already analyzed locally.

When I trying to analyze the foreign table itself , - it takes all the
incoming network traffic (400Mbit) and can't complete in 10 minutes (I can't
wait more, because it affects production environment).
Why the analyze of the foreign table can't just take already collected
statistics from the remote server? Is it a bug or some limitation?