Re: BUG #6200: standby bad memory allocations on SELECT - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #6200: standby bad memory allocations on SELECT
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> No, I wasn't thinking about a tuple descriptor mismatch.  I was
> imagining that the page contents themselves might be in flux while
> we're trying to read from it.

Oh, gotcha.  Yes, that's a horribly plausible idea.  All it'd take is
one WAL replay routine that hasn't been upgraded to acquire sufficient
buffer locks.  Pre-hot-standby, there was no reason for them to be
careful about locking.

On the other hand, if that were the cause, you'd expect the symptoms
to be a bit more variable...

            regards, tom lane