Re: Buildfarm feature request: some way to track/classify failures - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Buildfarm feature request: some way to track/classify failures
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> But I'm just sprouting ideas here, the proof is in the pudding. If the
> logs are easily available (or a subset of, say the last month) then
> people could play with that and see what happens...

Anyone who wants to play around can replicate what I did, which was to
download the table that Andrew made available upthread, and then pull
the log files matching interesting rows.  I used the attached functions
to generate URLs for the failing stage logs, and then a shell script
looping over lwp-download ...

CREATE FUNCTION lastfile(mfailures) RETURNS text   AS $$
select replace(   'show_stage_log.pl?nm=' || $1.sysname || '&dt=' || $1.snapshot ||   '&stg=' ||
replace($1.log_archive_filenames[array_upper($1.log_archive_filenames,1)],       '.log', ''), ' ', '%20')

$$   LANGUAGE sql;

CREATE FUNCTION lastlog(mfailures) RETURNS text   AS $$
select 'http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/' || lastfile($1)
$$   LANGUAGE sql;