Re: PostgreSQL 7.2 on SlashDot - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Lee Kindness
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 7.2 on SlashDot
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Vince,

Vince Vielhaber writes:> On Fri, 8 Feb 2002, Lee Kindness wrote:> > It's a shame the website doesn't have the full info
onit - i.e. the> > 7.2 documentation.> Considering I just got the go-ahead on the docs last nite, they'll be> there
today. I'd rather the docs were delayed a few days than to put> something up that wasn't complete.> What's really a
shameis that you didn't ASK why it wasn't there!

Sorry, I wasn't meaning anything personal! However I'm sure you agree
that with a project like PostgreSQL the website is a core aspect.

Undoubtedly the postgresql.org mirrors got their highest traffic
levels for ages - people looking for 7.2 information and not finding
it (well it's there, but in the tarballs). us.postgresql.org certainly
had a heavy load - the interactive docs couldn't connect to the
database.

Perhaps the 7.2 announcement should have been held back until the
website was up-to-date?

Thanks, Lee.