Re: [BUGS] LockReplace: xid table corrupted - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [BUGS] LockReplace: xid table corrupted
Date
List pgsql-admin
Dronamraju Rajesh <drajesh80@yahoo.com> writes:
> database:- Postgres 6.5.2 ( pl dont suggest to upgrade
> to 7.0.2. once this problem is solved. then i can do
> testing of my app with postgres 7.0.2)

If you update to 7.0.3, you'll probably find this problem
goes away.  It sounds to me like you are running into a bogus
debug check in the older code that assumed LockRelease should
never need to release more than a thousand locks.

If you don't want to update, try not touching 1000 tables in
the same transaction.  I'm guessing you do a lot of large-object
slinging ... otherwise it's not that easy to get to 1000 ...

            regards, tom lane