Re: parse error in function - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Uros
Subject Re: parse error in function
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello Richard,

RH> On Thursday 15 January 2004 14:25, Uros wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> I have problem with my function and I can find what's wrong.
>>
>> WARNING:  Error occurred while executing PL/pgSQL function
>> fn_insert_entry_pending WARNING:  line 26 at SQL statement
>> ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "$1" at character 58

RH> Possibly unrelated, but what is this variable?

>>     SELECT INTO tmp id_user FROM "user" WHERE id_user = email;
RH>                   ^^^

RH> Also - make sure you haven't got a column called 'email' in any query where
RH> you are using the variable 'email' - that can cause confusion.

Problem was aliases, becasu alias name was the same as column and then the
same name was value and rowname. I replace all names like email1 etc. and
it works. I hope  ;).

--
Best regards,
 Uros                            mailto:uros@sir-mag.com