Re: Delta Materialized View Refreshes? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From denty
Subject Re: Delta Materialized View Refreshes?
Date
Re: Delta Materialized View Refreshes?  (denty <denty@QQdd.eu>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hi folks,

I had a crack at this, and it was pretty simple to get something working to
play around with, and it seems like it might be useful.

I developed it against 10.1, as that's what I happened to be working with at
the time. The patch is pretty small, and I hoped it would apply cleanly
against 11. Unfortunately it doesn't, but I doubt the issues are
substantial. If there is interest in moving this forward, I'll update and
re-share.

The patch enables pretty much exactly what Jeremy suggests — something like
"refresh materialized view concurrently testview where type = 'main';" —
with fairly obvious semantics.

Welcome comments on the patch or approach.

denty.

(Seems I can't attach via the web interface, so copy/paste patch below.)

--
Sent from: http://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-hackers-f1928748.html