Re: editable spreadsheet style interface - Mailing list pgsql-general

From legrand legrand
Subject Re: editable spreadsheet style interface
Date
List pgsql-general
Tim Clarke-2 wrote
> On 30/10/2018 20:32, Martin Mueller wrote:
>>
>> I have used Aqua Data Studio for several years. Jetbrains recently
>> released a similar product. Academic licensing is affordable (~ $200 a
>> year) and very cheap if considered in terms of the time it saves you.
>>
>> *From: *David Gauthier <

> davegauthierpg@

>> *Date: *Tuesday, October 30, 2018 at 2:06 PM
>> *To: *"

> pgsql-general@

> " <

> pgsql-general@

>> *Subject: *editable spreadsheet style interface
>>
>> I think I know the answer to this one but I'll ask anyway...
>>
>> Is there a spreadsheet style interface to a PG DB where users can...
>>
>> - lock records
>>
>> - edit records
>>
>> - submit changes (transaction)
>>
>> Is there any after-market tool for PG that does something like this ?
>>

> Have a look here https://www.postgresql.org/download/product-categories/
> under "Administration/Development". I'm using pgAdmin right now.
>

> Tim Clarke

SQLeo http://sqleo.sourceforge.net/index.html is in that list (free), and
can
- insert, update, delete records,
- choose the update, delete key (if no pk),
- view the changes in sql format,
- apply to db,
- commit or rollback (if not in auto-commit mode)

(without locking)

see
http://sqleo.sourceforge.net/guide/English_SQLeo_AdvancedHelp.htm#_Toc467095120

Regards