Re: PostgreSQL vs SQL/XML Standards - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Kellerer
Subject Re: PostgreSQL vs SQL/XML Standards
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>> I have a access to too old 11.2 Oracle.  There I had to modify query
>> because there is not boolean type. I replaced bool by int, but I got a
>> error
>> ORA-19224:XPTY-004 .. expected node()*, got xs:string - it doesn't work
>> with/without string() wrappings.
>>
>The problem is in last line - the expression  "sale/@taxable = false()" is
>not valid on Oracle. Using string() wrapping is a issue, because it returns
">true", "false", but Oracle int doesn't accept it.

That line seems to be valid - but you need to pass an XMLTYPE value, not a
VARCHAR

https://dbfiddle.uk/?rdbms=oracle_11.2&fiddle=21cdf890a26e97fa8667b2d6a960bd33

As far as I can tell inside XQuery Oracle does support boolean, but not as a
return type

--
Sent from: http://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-hackers-f1928748.html