Re: Multiple Wait Events for extensions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From legrand legrand
Subject Re: Multiple Wait Events for extensions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Michael Paquier-2 wrote
> On Wed, Oct 24, 2018 at 11:18:13AM -0700, legrand legrand wrote:
>> Would a hard coded solution as described here after possible for
>> mid-term?
>
> I don't think I would commit that as we would want a better solution
> with custom names, but patching Postgres to do so with a custom build
> would be easy enough..

I can't deploy a custom build in my context, and will reuse existing spare
events
like
- 0x050E0000U "Activity"-"unknown wait event"
- 0x0B010000U "???"-"unknown wait event"
- ...

An other idea that may be called a "better wait event error handling"
would have be to display:

"???-xx" unknown event type (xx being the associated number)
in pgstat_get_wait_event_type()

"unknown wait event - yy" unknown event name (yy being the associated
number)
in pgstat_get_wait_event()

giving an extended range of spare events ;o)

Regards
PAscal

--
Sent from: http://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-hackers-f1928748.html