Re: Query error: could not resize shared memory segment - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Query error: could not resize shared memory segment
Date
List pgsql-general
Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> On Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 6:13 PM, Thuc Nguyen Canh
> <thucnguyencanh@gmail.com> wrote:
>> mount | grep /dev/shm
>> => shm on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,size=65536k)

> Bingo.  Somehow your container tech is limiting shared memory.

If this is a common setup, maybe we're going to need a new section
under or near

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/kernel-resources.html#SYSVIPC

It's pretty annoying to have sweated blood to get out from under the
kernel's chosen-at-random SysV IPC limits, only to run into container
tmpfs limits that seem equally chosen with the aid of a dartboard.

            regards, tom lane