Re: PL/PgSQL STRICT - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PL/PgSQL STRICT
Date
Re: PL/PgSQL STRICT  (Christopher Browne <cbbrowne@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Marko Tiikkaja <pgmail@joh.to> writes:
> Courtesy of me, Christmas comes a bit early this year.  I wrote a patch
> which allows you to add STRICT into PERFORM and INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE
> without specifying an INTO clause.

What is the use-case for this?  Won't this result in the word STRICT
becoming effectively reserved in contexts where it currently is not?
(IOW, even if the feature is useful, I've got considerable doubts about
this syntax for it.  The INTO clause is an ugly, badly designed kluge
already --- let's not make another one just like it.)