Re: Out of Memory - Mailing list pgsql-general

From greigwise
Subject Re: Out of Memory
Date
Re: Out of Memory  (PT <wmoran@potentialtech.com>)
List pgsql-general
Well, I've been unsuccessful so far on creating a standalone test.

I have put some scripting in place to capture some additional information on
the server with the out of memory issues.   I have a script which just
periodically dumps the output of free -m to a text file.

So, the output of free -m immediately before and after the out of memory
error looks like this:

Just before:
              total        used        free      shared  buff/cache
available
Mem:          14877        2978         132        3553       11766
7943
Swap:             0           0           0

Just after:
              total        used        free      shared  buff/cache
available
Mem:          14877        2946         649        3548       11280
7982
Swap:             0           0           0

If I have nearly 8 GB of memory left, why am I getting out of memory errors?

Thanks,
Greig

--
Sent from: http://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-general-f1843780.html