Re: [ADMIN] pg_upgrade from 9.1.3 to 9.2 failed - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [ADMIN] pg_upgrade from 9.1.3 to 9.2 failed
Date
Re: [ADMIN] pg_upgrade from 9.1.3 to 9.2 failed  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Re: [ADMIN] pg_upgrade from 9.1.3 to 9.2 failed  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
> Well, if you run that query on template0 in the old and new cluster, you
> will see something different in the two of them.  Could you have used
> default in one and a non-dash in the other.  Did we change the way we
> canonicalize the locale between 9.1 and 9.2?

IIRC, we didn't try to canonicalize locale names at all before 9.2.
That initdb code you're quoting is of fairly recent vintage.