Re: 7.0 psql, readline and history. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 7.0 psql, readline and history.
Date
List pgsql-general
Jeffery Collins <collins@onyx-technologies.com> writes:
> It *appears* to me that 7.0 requires readline version 4.1 in order for
> the readline history features to work, whereas 6.5.3 was happy with an
> earlier version.  When I updated my version of readline, the readline
> history functions started working.

We had realized that the new code didn't work with some older versions
of libreadline, but we thought we'd fixed the configure test to tell
the difference.  Were you seeing that configure thought it found
readline support and then it didn't work?

            regards, tom lane