Re: mismatching proargtypes/proallargtypes (bug #10122) - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: mismatching proargtypes/proallargtypes (bug #10122)
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
>>> 'trinque' on irc reported that "SELECT pg_catalog.pg_identify_object(oid,
>>> integer, integer)'::regprocedure" doesn't work and Andrew Gierth noticed
>>> it's because proargtypes doesn't match proallargtypes.

>> Ugh, how annoying.

> Argh!

On reflection it's not quite as bad as it seems: the correct signature of
the function is pg_identify_object(oid,oid,integer) and the regprocedure
code does accept that.  AFAICT the only readily visible effect of the bug
is that psql's \df lies about what the input argument datatypes are.

> Maybe we can provide an UPDATE to fix it in existing installations, for
> those interested in doing so.

Doubt it's worth the trouble really ...

            regards, tom lane