Re: Cannot DROP while process running - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Cannot DROP while process running
Date
List pgsql-novice
Steve Horn <steve@stevehorn.cc> writes:
> I ran this command:
> select pg_class.relname,pg_locks.* from pg_class,pg_locks where
> pg_class.relfilenode=pg_locks.relation;

> and it appears that almost every table in my database has
> ""AccessShareLock". I have read that those locks are placed on tables for
> SELECT access.

Well, an AccessShareLock would definitely prevent you from dropping the
table.  The question is which session(s) are holding such locks and why.
I suspect that you have some long-running transactions, perhaps
accidentally so.  As Devrim mentioned, joining pg_locks against
pg_stat_activity would go a long way towards explaining what's blocking
your DROP attempt.

            regards, tom lane