Re: Extensions in schemas - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Extensions in schemas
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Is there any particular reason why we can't/don't auto-create schema
> bar when you run "CREATE EXTENSION foo SCHEMA bar"?

That was considered, and rejected for reasons that I probably don't
recall all of, but I do remember one argument: 99.44% of the time
you want an extension to be in a schema that has public USAGE rights.
Having the CREATE EXTENSION command auto-create the schema would be of
little value unless it also auto-granted that right, and that didn't
seem like a good idea.